Dealing with rodents in Irvine: Call a professional service
House mice, Norway rats, California mice, and roof rats are some of the common rodents found in Californian homes. Unfortunately, property owners in Irvine often ignore the initial signs of infestation, only to pay for expensive repairs later. Rodents are elusive, and the chances are slim that you would find the typical house mice around during the day. The moment you discover a nest or find signs like droppings and contaminated food, you should call a professional Irvine pest control company. Here are a few pointers worth your time.
Should you worry about rodents?
The short answer is yes. While some species are known to stay close to the ground, others can invade homes. Rodents carry pathogens of many diseases and could be a carrier of ticks and other pests. If you have pets at home, those are serious concerns. Also, contaminated food and water can be hard to detect, and if mice chew through the electrical wires and other components, you may have additional risks. In short, you cannot share your home with rats and mice and must act soon.
How do you find a rodent control service in Irvine?
- Start with the basic aspects like licensing and insurance. Always go for a local pest control company that has been operating in Irvine for a significantly long time and has an office. Liability insurance is a must, and the technicians should be insured, too.
- Next, check whether the company has good reviews from other property owners. References are excellent for cross-checking, but you should look at online ratings, which can be found on Google and various social media platforms.
- Ask the company about their means and methods of dealing with rodents. Keep in mind that careless and reckless killing of mice and rats is not something you want. If green pest control is an option, consider that. Remember that the eventual goal is to get done with the infestation.
- Get estimates. Typically, the pest control company will inspect the property before giving a quote. You should always get pricing details from at least two or more services but don’t choose the cheapest one. How they deal with the situation and if they offer warranties, are critical aspects.
- Look for preventive pest control measures, for which you could buy an annual plan. Find companies that take time to educate and inform you about rodents and guide you on the best ways to avoid infestations.
Make a list of pest control services in Irvine now!