Everything You Need To Know About Aged Care Recruitments in Australia
Aged care workers help elder citizens take care of their well being, health and other domestic chores. Commonly hired through an aged care recruitment agency in Australia, these workers ensure unwavering support for senior citizens to do their daily activities like eating, cleaning and dressing up. Most of these workers are based on wellness homes and residential institutions or facilities, but private services are also available for hire. As of 2016, around 366,000 aged care workers supported the elder citizens with their service, the numbers likely to be bolstered by the end of 2021.
What Does An Aged Care Worker Do?
- Feeding elders who cannot feed themselves due to muscular deterioration or a disability. For certain situations, preparation of specific food or meals may be required in the contract.
- Tidying up the room or the house and other basic cleaning services, including vacuuming, washing, sanitation and other activities.
- Giving social and emotional support to their patients as they escort them to various places to spend some time outdoors.
- Making sure the patients follow all the prescriptions and medications without fail and ensure that meals are taken as per the regulations of a professional medical practitioner.
- Talk with the other family members to give updates on the situation, health or any other emergencies that may arise during the period of service.
Aged Care Workers: How To Apply For This Profession
- Aspiring students must complete a related degree in aged care or support from a recognised Australian university. Such courses will highlight the necessary things to consider when going for this field and some ethical practices to maintain during this profession.
- Go for internships or training in different institutions and care facilities to get an idea of the job. Volunteering is also a good way to bolster networks and connections. Additionally, the more courses these students have under their belts, like first aid courses or emergency training, the more their chances are of being accepted into a career based opportunity through different employers or an aged care recruitment agency.
Before applying for a job in the field, make sure to have these personal qualities to characterise the employer or recruiter positively.
- A friendly attitude with compassion for other individuals, especially sick or old patients.
- The ability to understand problems and stay cheerful amid difficulties.
- Proper communication skills with knowledge regarding any specific language that the clients may demand.
- Teamwork skills, if required and leadership qualities.
- The ability to perform duties to the best of their abilities, domestic or otherwise.
- Responsibility and commitment to the job without any repercussions or indications of slacking or insubordinate behaviour.
Various specialisations are also available for these jobs with their schedules depending upon the client or the service required. Workers may be required to stay for holidays, weekends or at other times as demanded and may include rotations in clinics, facilities and even in the clients own residency.
Being one of Australia’s most rising career opportunities, aged care workers provide what other service workers cannot. A constant pillar of support for the patient and a committed heart that stays cheerful irrespective of any forthcoming. For those who care for others, are positive-minded and have no problem doing domestic tasks, then aged care or domestic care might be the right career option for them. With the numerous job options available, aspirants may not have much of a problem finding a solid opportunity in the country within a short period.