How Long Does It Take to Charge an Electric Scooter?
Electric scooters’ charging times can be different from brand to brand. Once you buy it, you will have to charge it first before riding on it. See the steps to charge your new electric scooter.
- Take out the charger and plug it into a socket.
- Now connect the charger lead to the scooter’s charging port by removing the protective cover.
- Check the red light turning on.
- Now you will have to wait to charge your electric scooter.
Essential Things to Remember,
- The charging time of each scooter can vary.
- If the charger is heating up, do not panic. It is the usual process.
- Try to get the charger a good airflow. Do not keep it on a combustible surface.
- Make sure the charger is of good quality. Otherwise, it can spoil the battery of your electric scooter.
- Charge your scooter 100% if you plan to go on a long drive.
How to Know the Perfect Charging Time?
The electric scooter charging power consumption is directly proportional to the charger’s power and the electric scooter’s battery.
- There are 1 Ampere to 5 Ampere chargers available on the market. You must know the capacity of your electric scooter’s battery in Ah.
- If your electric scooter has a 2.6 Ah battery, a 1A charger will charge it in 2.6 hours.
- 2A charger will charge it in 1.3 hours. Similarly, when you go for a more powerful charger, it will reduce the charging time.
- If your electric scooter’s battery is 28.6 Ah, then a 5A charger will take 5.7 hours to charge it fully.
What is the Electric Scooter Charging Cost?
The low-capacity electric scooter charging costs $3.03 per year. The mid-capacity electric scooter charging costs $4.02 per year. And high capacity electric scooter charging costs $7.10 per year.
If you have Hover 1 electric scooter for kids, it is the best investment you make for your kids. The charging of this electric scooter costs pretty low. It is because of the high built-in performance of the scooter.
Protect the Battery of your Electric Scooter
The electric scooter battery can go up to 300- 500 cycles. If you want to give long life to the battery, then remember these points.
- Overcharging can affect the performance of the battery of your electric scooter. Unplug the charger when it is done.
- Try not to discharge your electric scooter completely. Charge it before it shows 0% battery.
- Secure your electric scooter from harsh weather conditions.
- If you need to store your electric scooter for a long time, then keep it around 40% charge. Store it in a cool and dry place.
- If you use your electric scooter within 30% to 80% of the battery, it will increase the battery life.
- Do not charge your electric scooter below freezing temperature and above 45˚C.
Two ways of Fast Charging
There are two ways to charge your electric scooter even faster.
- Use a quick charger and plug it on the socket.
- Adjust the rate of charger 1A to 5A.
- Adjust the depth of charging 80% to 100%.
- Turn on the switch present on the charger.
- Plug the connector lead on the charging port of the scooter.
- It will allow you to charge the electric scooter more quickly than the actual charger of the electric scooter.
Some high-performance electric scooters have two charging ports for quick charging. You can use two chargers to charge your electric scooter faster.
Can I Charge an Electric Scooter Overnight?
It is not a good idea to charge your electric scooter overnight. This activity may damage the electric scooter’s battery that can cause enough money to be fixed or replaced. You cannot charge while riding. You must not charge your electric scooter right after finishing up riding. The battery is heating up at that time. You must wait a few minutes to make it cool.
It takes 1 hour to 20 hours to charge an electric scooter, depending on the charger you use and the battery capacity of the electric scooter. You must follow the protective measures of the battery and enjoy the long life of your electric scooter.
click here for more information